First Trimester Grocery List
I wanted to share my first trimester grocery list with y'all. It was handwritten and a little bit messy...but hey, it worked!
During my first trimester, I tried my best to eat 3-4 fruits a day. I still do this!
○ 1 Citrus (small orange, clementine or orange juice with calcium)
○ 1 Banana
○ 1 Apple
○ 1 Handful of Berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and blackberries)
I have a harder time with veggies, simply because I don't like very many of them, but here are a few of my favorites. My goal is at least 3 or more veggies per day.
○ 1 Snack Pack of Carrots
○ Corn on the Cob (with lemon pepper)
○ Spinach & Mixed Greens (with balsamic)
○ Tomato (mixed with avocado)
○ Yellow Squash and Zucchini
○ Sweet Potatoes
I am a huge milk drinker, and I have been craving milk since day one! I aim for at least 3 servings of dairy per day.
○ Organic 1% Milk
○ Low-Fat Greek Yogurt & Low-Fat Vanilla Yogurt
○ Pasteurized Cheese (with fig jam)
Protein is also a tough one for me. I love chicken and steak, but while I absolutely love salmon, it became my first food aversion around week six or seven. All of a sudden, I just could not even look at it!
○ Lean Beef
○ Lean Chicken
I incorporate 2-3 servings of whole grains into my diet each day.
○ Whole Grain Cereal
○ Whole Grain Bread
○ Whole Grain Crackers
○ Frozen Pineapple & Frozen Mango (with Tajin® seasoning)
○ Decaf Coffee (with Cold Stone Creamery™ Sweet Cream)
I am not an expert in any way when it comes to nutrition, but I have done a little bit of research. This is my list that I take to the grocery store each week. If you have any question, feel free to ask them below! What are your favorite pregnancy foods?